Step 1 – Enable the Cache
In the root directory of your Magento installation, you need to add the following to the .htaccess file. This can be done via the File Manager in your control panel, or via FTP.
<IfModule Litespeed> LiteMage on </IfModule>
Step 2 – Add the LiteMage Extension
- Login to your Magento admin panel.
- Select ‘System’ followed by ‘Configuration’. Under ‘GENERAL’ on the left hand menu, click ‘Session Validation Settings’. Set ‘Use SID on Frontend’ to ‘No’.
- Ensure ‘Compilation’ is disabled under ‘System > Tools > Compilation’.
- Access the ‘System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager’ menu. (you may be prompted to re-enter your password)
- Download the LiteMage package here. Select ‘Direct package file upload’ and upload the LiteMage package.
- At the top of manager, click ‘Return to Admin’
- If you wish to re-enable compilation, you can do so now.
- Access the ‘System > Configuration’ menu and under ‘LITEMAGE CACHE’ on the left hand menu click ‘LiteMage Configuration’. (if you receive a 404 error you may need to log out and back in again).
Step 3 – Switch on LiteMage
- Under General Settings, switch ‘Enable LiteMage Cache’ to ‘Yes’.
- Click ‘Save Config’ at the top of the screen.
- Access the ‘System > Cache Management’ menu, under ‘Cache Storage Management’ select ‘Configuration’ and click the submit button to refresh the cache.