Licence: Open Source
Moodle is an online learning platform which creates an integrated system to construct personalised learning environments. Moodle has over 63 Million users and 1.2 Million teachers between the 70,000 registered websites.
It is widely used in schools for setting and completing homework tasks online, allowing teachers to set independent tasks to certain students helping them with their specific areas in which they can improve.
- Moodle allows users to communicate easily, whether that includes teachers assessing completed work online or real time discussion between users. The Moodle administrator can also produce and send out surveys to users on their platform, and then the results can be compiled into a database all using Moodle. Teachers can also host quizzes in order to test students on certain subjects which are automatically marked and scored by Moodle upon submission by a student
- Moodle features a responsive, accessible and easy to navigate user interface which is optimised for both desktop and mobile use. This means you can access your Moodle from any device at any time with an internet connection
- Moodle gives users a personalised dashboard with which they can organise all their deadlines and view the current progress on a specific task. These deadlines are linked to an inbuilt calendar
- Moodle has a simple, drag and drop process when it comes to files. Making assignments very easy to hand in
- When enabled users can set up notifications, this means they know when an assignment has been set and they don’t miss any deadlines